Sunday, June 28, 2009

Blogerversary

This just goes to show how bad I am at remembering momentous occasions...apparently my one year anniversary of blogging was yesterday.

Thank you to all my readers - and especially my commenters - you've made the last year a very special, and surprisingly fulfilling journey.

I started this blog after moving to a new area. It was the first time I'd ever moved outside of the greater Seattle area and I didn't know a single soul other than my husband. I'd just gone through a very personal tragedy and was grasping at straws to keep myself sane. I'd been reading food blogs for a while, but didn't think I had the chops to write one myself - it seemed very intimidating.

Nevertheless, I jumped in with both feet and found it to be at once challenging and therapeutic. I have evolved and improved as a cook and as a photographer and can only hope to continue doing so as I progress.

Again, thank you to everyone who has contributed to the last year - either with ideas, advice, or a nice comment or two along the way.

I guess it's into the kitchen for another year of making tasty foods and writing about them - I hope to see you, same time and same place, this time next year.

-Robin

7 comments:

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Congratulations on your year marker! Carry on.

Foodiewife said...

Congrats! A year goes by fast, doesn't it? I was thinking about you-- my neighbor-- because I blog so much about "The Farm" in Salinas (where I live). Have you ever been there? The produce is fresh, organic and so inexpensive. You might want to take a drive, before you leave this area. If you're lucky, you can buy freshly laid eggs from the hens that are right there.
Deb

cookiecrumb said...

Happy anni! We are glad to have you.

The Duo Dishes said...

We're fairly newish to your blog, but it's been great to check in and read your posts and also see your photography. Always very impressive. Congrats on the year!

TS of eatingclub vancouver said...

Congrats! One year is positively "old" in blog years. ;) Hopefully there will be many more years to come!

SweetBird's MiL said...

Happy one year and here's to many more. Hugs, your MiL

Philomena said...

Congratulations, and here's to another fabulous year!